Thursday, April 19, 2012

Freaky Freebie -- er, Thursday! Also known as: The Crazy Hair Hunt

Oh hello! Wasn't I going to be doing a regular column on Fridays, about nice things you can find for free in SL? I think I was... uhm, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Recently, I found a hunt dedicated to the idea of hair in SL that simply Could Not Happen in RL. There's a few styles that are pretty androgynous; a male could wear them, easily. So, here's my Freebie Friday post about the third Crazy Hair Hunt.

I found a lot here that would be FABulous for a a woman on a runway or for a drag look. The first that crosses my mind is from Evie's Closet, who brought us an updo littered with butterflies (Butterfly Effect is its name).
However, there are a few mohawks in the hunt that I've gotten plenty of compliments on.



The one people really rave about when I wear it is Helter Skelter's gift, titled "Flora and Fauna": a leaf-green mohawk, ornamented with flowers and a macaw flying in to nose at one of the flowers. The mohawk hangs down to a good-sized male avatar's backside, too. Here, have a look!


Another great one was U-Neek's gift of a double-row of carrots planted in your scalp, with lacy fronds of leaves hovering over your head. There are two other gifts at U-Neek as well, both with a grand sense of humor.

Treebee Withnail did several hairs for the hunt which have a sense of humor, which, to my view, seemed to be the whole point of the hunt.

There's a mohawk of seaweed with fish swimming in it, from Rue


There's a fetching mesh octopus, from Weather! or Not?.


There's a mohawk of pink flamingos with blue-green grass, which was made by Couture Chapeau.


There's also, of course, the spider plant bowl cut, from Rosy mood.


The hunt runs through the end of April, and I'm more than willing to answer IMs if you want a landmark or a hint for any of the hairs above. The hunt starts at Treebee's shop, U-Neek: the purple mandala above the hunt poster, in this photo, is what you're looking for.


Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment