Friday, April 13, 2012

There's a brand new dance, but I don't know its name

Tonight, I'm bringing you a post about SL fashion. Merrick has done some lovely posts on the topic (which you should really read). I'm posting about a lovely piece of clothing I got from Lapointe & Bastchild.

To be completely honest, I love L&B's clothing. Their boots. Their accessories. Their jackets. Their... everything. Me blogging about Paul and Bastchild's new piece of work is likely to get a little saccharine, as I'm such a fanboy. The piece I got yesterday and am sharing with you now is called 'Drift', and it's from their Swear line of urban styles. While everybody knows them for the lovely gothic dresses they do, for the ankle boots, for the men's suits with names like Vampyre and such--the Swear line is an effort for them into a more casual, more everyday sort of appearance. Here is a shot of the whole thing:


The leather jacket is quilted in texture--and is a hugely adaptable sculpted prim, which you can stretch top to bottom, or side to side, or front to back--as are all the other parts of the jacket. The whole outfit is in one package--jeans, boots, jacket, and T-shirt.

Here is a closeup of the detail on the right sleeve- the zippers, the buckles, the little pockets. This is one outfit that really rewards attention!





Here is the torso in closer detail, so you can get a good look at how the jacket hangs, and at the tiny details that Bastchild does so well. And last, but not least--















here are the prims for the ankle cuffs and the shoes that are part of the outfit.

Amazing work, as always- and for a limited time, this whole outfit's just L$499! So get on over to Lapointe & Bastchild's shop and pick yourself up the whole outfit, which I do recommend strongly- there are plenty of uses for the various parts of it as a complementary look with much of the clothing I own- and probably for you, as well! And for those of you with lady friends, let them know about this too- they did the same boots with a stiletto heel, a midriff-length shirt, and a jacket that will fit on a woman's form--all for the same price.

3 comments:

  1. Oh- the pose I used was from HelaMiyo, the hair's from Waka & Yuki, the skin's Ispachi, and the eyes are from Redgrave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit looked just as good in person as it does in the pictures. A stellar piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck- I've seen high-res photos of the outfit (which my computer's ancient graphics card won't let me do, annoyingly): I'd say it looks BETTER in person. ;) but I'm glad that I caught what mattered in the photos!

    ReplyDelete