Saturday, June 2, 2012

Almost Flat Land


I admit that I'm the first to reduce my particle count to zero. For the most part, I'm annoyed by particles and accuse them of causing any bit of lag I may have. However, the minute I hear the name Tyrehl Byk, my particle slider is maxed. Why? Because the man is an artist and particles are his paintbrush. Mr. Byk's latest canvas, "Almost Flat Land," opening today, features stunning builds and gorgeous particle artwork designed to explore self-discovery, personal bias and consideration of the expansiveness of the world. He and sound designer, Ultraviolet Alter, have created a visual and auditory experience that you don't want to miss.
Some particles take on animal-like characteristics.
My photos could never capture the beauty or full experience of a Tyrehl Byk presentation, nor should they. What he does is something that should be experienced personally. If you ever have a chance to attend one of his exhibits or performances, don't pass up the opportunity. You'll walk away breathless.

Yeah, those are made of particles. Wait until you see them in person--err, pixels.

No comments:

Post a Comment